So, as you may be aware, I’m on a journey to becoming fully vegan and so, whenever I make new meals, I’d often take a photo of it (just to keep track). Well, I made vegan mac n’ cheese.
I must say, thanks to Nature’s Way (located in the BVI) for providing these vegan ingredients. I don’t have an exact recipe (it’s made by scratch through guesswork) but I have the ingredient and basic method in making the one you see above.
Here are the ingredients:
- Macaroni (already cooked)
- A half of a Yellow Pepper (sliced)
- A small Cubanelle Pepper (sliced)
- Vegan Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I used Daiya Dairy-free and Soy-free)
- Almond Milk (use the original unsweetened version to be on the safe side. I used the Vanilla Almond milk because I never had the original, but it worked out just fine for me).
- A little Corn Starch
- Chopped Garlic and Green Onions if desired
- Vegan Butter (Earth Balance)
Of course, you start by sauteeing the garlic and spring onions. I removed the seasoning then prepared the sauce. What I did with the almond milk is prepare a sauce with it by mixing a slurry (cornstarch and water) and thickening the milk. After it was thickened, I added the seasoning and the peppers, then I let the peppers cook for a while before adding the macaroni. I sprinkled a bit of paprika, salt, and pepper, then I proceeded to add a handful of shredded cheese and a half tablespoon of butter and mixed it until the cheese was completely melted.